This delectable chocolate dessert has taste appeal out of this world that kids and adults will all rave about.
Chocolate Oreo Cookies – 1 package
1 stick of butter or margarine, melted
¼ cup cup granulated sugar
3-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons cold milk, divided
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
12 oz. tub of Cool Whip
5.9 oz. pkg. Instant chocolate pudding
l-1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- Crush the pkg. of Oreo cookies in a large plastic bag.
- Place the crushed crumbs in a bowl and stir in the melted butter. Move into a 9 x 13 baking dish and press into the bottom of the pan. Then put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Then use a mixer to mix the cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in granulated sugar and two tablespoons of milk and mix well. Then add l-1/4 cups of Cool Whip and place over the crushed cookies.
- Then in a separate bowl, mix chocolate instant pudding with 3-1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk until pudding starts to thicken. Then spread the mixture as the third layer. Then wait five minutes to allow pudding to stiffen.
- As the final step, spread the last of the Cool Whip over the top. Then sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator for 4 hours or in the freezer for 1 hour before serving.